Welcome! Japan now! Yes!

Welcome! Japan now! Yes!
Enjoy your stay!
お楽しみのご滞在!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Learning Tools Part 4 (学習ツールパートよん)

Microsoft IME

Many people ask me how the eff I am typing in Japanese without a Japanese keyboard!

Well, it's quite simple you see, I use Microsoft IME

Microsoft IME is basically a program that lets you type in different languages

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEED31CD-15A9-4B86-AFE5-E77A095599F3&displaylang=EN

I think that will work in Windows 7 and such but I don't know...

anyways, you simply click input mode and then Hiragana to type things like this

ひらがな!

and then back to Half-width Alphanumeric to go back to English!

It is a great way to type things quickly in Japanese or any other language!

Edit:  Another great usage of IME is the IME Pad.  It allows you to draw out the characters using your mouse!  A great way to get practice with strokes and shapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment